Cleaning Hacks To Keep Your House Spotless
We all have that one friend or family member that no matter when you drop by their home; it is perfectly clean.
If you aspire to be one of these people, it is totally possible. There is no secret or unseen magic, but rather a few clever tips, that will have you on the path to an effortlessly clean home in no time.
So, what are these tips?
The team at Ben Trager have compiled the following fool proof list of simple tips and tricks, to help you have a spotless home that’s ready for any unexpected visitors:
- Declutter and get organised - the less clutter you have, the neater your home will be. Only keep what you really need and ensure everything has a place. Make use of stylish boxes and baskets to keep things contained and hidden away.
- Make your bed - making your bed as soon as you get up will instantly create a sense of order in your bedroom. It sets the tone for your whole day, and you will be thankful at bedtime!
- Never leave a room empty handed - get into the habit of glancing around a room before you leave it, and try to find at least one thing that you can return to its home. This is especially helpful if you have a two-storey home, helping to save you multiple unnecessary trips up and down the stairs.
- Clean as you go - if you are making a meal, try and clean up as you go. Finished using a saucepan? Give it a quick wash. Waiting while dinner cooks? Wipe over the bench tops. It will
- mean you are left with a lot less cleaning afterwards, and your kitchen will look tidy along the way.
- Make chores part of your lifestyle - fold clothes while you binge watch your favourite TV series or give the floor a quick sweep while waiting for the coffee machine to warm up.
- Work out a system for your laundry – decide what works for you; do you prefer a dedicated laundry day, or do you live by the mantra “a load a day, washed and put away”? If it works for you, then stick to it. Staying on top of the laundry is key, if you get too far behind, it can feel overwhelming.
- Keep the air fresh - it is always nice walking into a home that smells clean and fresh. Open your windows as often as you can or light a scented candle.
- Last but not least, put things away immediately. When you arrive home, put your keys where they belong. When you take off your shoes, put them straight in the wardrobe. The list goes on, but we’re sure you get the idea!
If Marie Kondo is right, then we can all choose joy through keeping our homes tidy and organised, so why not start your journey to joy today, with small amounts of consistent effort that will create a significant and lasting impact in your home.