Australian Privacy Principles
Ben Trager Homes Pty Ltd (ABN 54 155 212 570) (Ben Trager Homes) is bound by the Privacy Act 1988. Ben Trager Homes collects, stores, uses and discloses information in accordance with Australian Privacy Principles.
Privacy of Ben Trager Homes Clients and Contractors
- Ben Trager Homes collects and holds Personal Information about its clients.
- Personal Information collected by Ben Trager Homes generally comprises of name, address, date of birth, gender, martial status, occupation, contact details and limited financial information.
- Ben Trager Homes collects personal information whenever a client makes a query or request to Ben Trager Homes in respect of a product or service provided by Ben Trager Homes. Ben Trager Homes collects this information with the consent of the client.
- Ben Trager Homes collects Personal Information to enable it to:
- Provide its clients with the products and services that they request;
- Provide relevant information to contractors to assist Ben Trager Homes to provide the products and services requested by the client;
- Comply with any legal obligations, including dealing with local authorities;
- Maintain Ben Trager Homes’s client relationships.
- In addition, where it is necessary to do so, Ben Trager Homes may provide Personal Information to its solicitors.
- Ben Trager Homes also holds information about contractors and consultants who do work for Ben Trager Homes from time to time.
- Ben Trager Homes may also hold information from those who seek an employment or contractor relationship with Ben Trager Homes.
- Ben Trager Homes holds this information in a secure fashion and, other than as set out above, will not usually disclose this information to anyone else without the consent of the individual. If Ben Trager Homes at any time has reason to believe that any unauthorized person has gained access, or is likely to gain access, to Personal Information, it will immediately carry out an investigation, take all necessary steps to prevent such access and will notify both the individuals affected and the Information Commissioner.
- Individuals may request access to their personal information stored by Ben Trager Homes. Individuals can apply for access by making written request to the Managing Director of Ben Trager Homes. Ben Trager Homes will retain Personal Information for a period of 7 years after a person has ceased to be a client, a contractor, or an employee, after which time, Ben Trager Homes will destroy the Personal Information.
- Should an individual have a privacy complaint, Ben Trager Homes requests that the individual contact Ben Trager Homes to discuss the complaint. Ben Trager Homes offers a free internal complaint resolution mechanism. An individual may lodge a privacy complaint with Ben Trager Homes by phoning the Managing Director on 9242 0900.
- Ben Trager Homes will conduct an investigation of the complaint, and provide a written report on the outcome of that investigation, including any recommended actions. If the individual is not satisfied with the complaint investigation conducted by Ben Trager Homes, the individual may seek to have the complaint resolved externally.
- Ben Trager Homes is not likely to disclose personal information to recipients overseas.
- Applicants for an employment or contractor relationship with Ben Trager Homes agree to provide Ben Trager Homes with all reasonable information relevant to their application, including information required for Occupational Health and Safety reasons. Ben Trager Homes will destroy this information with a reasonable time if an employment or contractor relationship does not result.
- Where Ben Trager Homes has received unsolicited Personal Information, Ben Trager Homes will, as soon as practicable but only if it is lawful and reasonable to do so, destroy the information or ensure the information is de-identified.
- For more details, ring the Managing Director of Ben Trager Homes on 9242 0900.